« Home | Meet My Grand Children » | Playing Together » | Trevor's New Favorite Nanny » | Trevor's First Baby Steps » | Happy New Year 2008 » | Back to school » | T'is the Season of Goodwill, Love, Peace and Hope » | Technorati » | See How Much My Grandkids Have Grown » | Good Morning Everyone » 

Thursday, May 21, 2009 

Nigel Is Now 6 Years Old!

Nigel turned 6 years old yesterday (20th May). The first thing I did after saying my morning prayer was kissed his forehead and whispered “Happy Birthday Little Turtle”. I gazed at him and his “baby-face” is still there though he has grown to be a young boy. Oh! How I wish I didn’t have to wake him up from his beautiful sleep, however it’s schooling day so I gently nudged him to wake up. When his lazy eyes opened, I loudly sang “Happy Birthday” and that helped him to sit up and crawled down from bed. My singing also woke up his sister, Nicole who blankly asked if it’s her birthday too. “Yours will be in August, Little Princess”, said I. She doesn’t look happy with the reply however she nodded showing that she agree, unwillingly! Kids will always be kids, if you know what I mean.

His mother called from Kota Kinabalu to also wished him the same. His father woke up early and gave him a HUGE hug and BIG kiss and wishing him well.
In the evening we went to “Marry Brown” Cafe at Parkson MegaMall and after dinner we shopped for gifts for each one of my grandchildren. Nigel’s birthday present is still kept a secret because his birthday celebration is planned for today with all my family members coming over to our house for dinner.
Even though this time yet again Nigel’s mother is not with us to celebrate his BIG DAY, there is his father to cheer him up. Thank God he doesn’t feel to lonesome without having his parent together. As a grandmother, I can only be thankful that I am still able and have the opportunity to raise him from an infant until now, know his characters quite well and understand how to handle his health problems better. I ask Our Sweet Lord to continue blessing him with good health and that his childhood years be an enjoyable and memorable one.

Happy Birthday once again Nigel My Little Turtle! Love and hugs from Nenek, Daddy, Sister Nicole, Auntie and Uncle Bills, cousin Trevor and all in the family!

~ Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever in your home. ~ Psalm 23:6

Labels: ,

Happy belated Birthday to Nigel :-)) It's nice to see you continue to blog, Veron :-)

Hi Nina! Thank you for the wishes and for dropping by. Yes, I blogged as and when I find the time. Actually there's so much to tell and share but alas time is always never long enough for everything!! :))

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm PurpleChocolate
  • From Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • A Mirian, mother, grandmother and career woman. Enjoy an ideal and simple lifestyle complete with tastefully good home and beautiful family. To R&R, I like socializing and clubbing with down-to-earth friends. Good company is an aroma in everyday life!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Free Graphics
Number of online users in last 3 minutes
Add to Technorati Favorites