« Home | T'is the Season of Goodwill, Love, Peace and Hope » | Technorati » | See How Much My Grandkids Have Grown » | Good Morning Everyone » | God Bless The Little Ones » | Meet The New Kid in Town » | Nigel's First Day At School » | Greetings - Peace Joy Hope » | Nigel's Christmas Vacation 2006 » | The Turtles Are Taking a Break! » 

Sunday, December 30, 2007 

Back to school

After quite a long break and just hardly getting over the mood from the yuletide season, it will be back to school again for my dear grandkids. Nigel will be in second year pre-school whereas Nicole her first. Nigel is not keen to go back to school however his sister is excited and I am with lots of anxieties when I consider my grand-daughter to be too young for her age to be away from home.

However, I am quite confident that both kids will adjust well since they are capable of expressing themselves when they need any thing. One of improvement I noticed in both of them is memory improvement. As children get close to school age, they need to be able to remember what they have been asked and to do things in order. For instance: “Finish your drink, put the cup on the sink, then do your hair”. By using this game as practice from a very young age, they can build up confidence and the ability to remember a series of instructions and to carry them out independently. Over time, make it harder with suggestions of what can be taught. Just recently, Nicole is able to carry out her task when I told her to go to my bedroom and get my red hand phone or go to the kitchen and fetch me a green colored kitchen towel and bring it to me.

Nigel is able to do the same but with him; he got to be persuaded to carry out his tasks. He is just a lazy-bone! Now he likes colors and always refers the different hues to nature. For example, if the color is green then that is the color of leaves and if it’s yellow, then that's the sunflowers!

Nevertheless the children love to help, can get things when told to, and will be proud and happy of remembering.

I hope their day at school will be good and enjoyable and have plenty of opportunities to play with other children of their own age, and have some experience with sharing, being friendly and enjoying time together.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm PurpleChocolate
  • From Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • A Mirian, mother, grandmother and career woman. Enjoy an ideal and simple lifestyle complete with tastefully good home and beautiful family. To R&R, I like socializing and clubbing with down-to-earth friends. Good company is an aroma in everyday life!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Free Graphics
Number of online users in last 3 minutes
Add to Technorati Favorites