« Home | Happy Mother's Day » | Nigel Goes Shopping » | Its Friday! » | The Presence of God » | Baby Pad Is Finally Taking the Cue To Start Posting! » 

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 

Happy Goes Shopping



Howdy there! If you have been here before, you would have read my post about Nigel Goes Shopping and there I mentioned I read him and his sister, Nicole a story titled "Happy Goes Shopping." For those of you who are interested to read the story, here it goes.

"Happy, I want you to go shopping. Here is some money and the shopping list. Put them in your pocket and take a basket,' said Mummy Frog. 'I don't want to go shopping, I want to play with Rita Rabbit,' grumbled Happy. 'You can play afterwards,' Mummy said.
Happy hated shopping. She didn't like carrying the heavy basket full of groceries. 'Come and play with me,' Rita Rabbit called, when she saw Happy. 'I can't, I'm going shopping,' said Happy. 'Please play leap-frog,' Rita pleaded. 'All right,' said Happy. She dropped the basket and leaped over Rita. They played leap-frog until they were both tired.
'I must go now,' said Happy. She picked up the basket, but when she reached the shops she couldn't find the money. It had fallen out of her pocket when she was playing!
It was nearly teatime when Happy got home. Uncle Charlie was with Mummy. 'Where've you been? Where's the shopping?' Mummy asked. Happy told her about the money. 'You'll go to bed without any tea or supper,' said Mummy, very cross.
'I'll look for the money,' said Uncle Charlie kindly. Later, when it was dark, Uncle Charlie knocked on the door. He was carrying a lantern and in his other hand was the money. 'I found it on the Common. It was shining in the lantern light,' he said. 'Thank you,' croaked Mrs. Frog. 'I'll never send Happy shopping again.'
Lying in bed, Happy smiled. She hated shopping. Leap-frog was much more fun.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm PurpleChocolate
  • From Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
  • A Mirian, mother, grandmother and career woman. Enjoy an ideal and simple lifestyle complete with tastefully good home and beautiful family. To R&R, I like socializing and clubbing with down-to-earth friends. Good company is an aroma in everyday life!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Free Graphics
Number of online users in last 3 minutes
Add to Technorati Favorites